Thursday, October 11, 2007

Eyes and Windows

The background part 1:
I have a windshield cover for my car because it helps block out that bright-hot Florida sun from infiltrating the inside of my car. It's still blistering when you get in but Rich thinks it helps so I put it up.

The background part 2:
In Florida we have parking rows that are one direction only, so that to enter you pull in and to exit you pull out, and all spaces are diagonal. You don't "pull through" and it's hard to exit if you do.

The story:
The other day, after shopping at the supermarket, I got in the car and backed up, lalalala, "oh good no one's behind me..." then I put the car into drive and drove a little when I realized that I couldn't see where I was going. I had my windshield cover up. What's weird is, I can almost swear I knew exactly where to go and how to drive without seeing, as if I had a sixth sense that was steering me. Almost like those cartoons where the character runs off the cliff and is going fine and dandy until something makes him realizes that there is no more ground beneath him and he plummets.

The end.

No comments: