Friday, August 31, 2007

"Oh Oh Oh, Listen To The Music"


For the first time ever I went to an RPM class. That's basically a trademark name for "spinning" or "cycling". It was totally intense. I rode on a stationary bike, increasing or decreasing the resistance, pedaling away, sometimes standing up or sitting forward in "aerodynamic mode".

What I thought was absolutely hilarious is the way the instructors (I also noticed this with my dance aerobics instructors yesterday) love to sing along to the music that they are playing and make comments along with it. Here are some examples...

Today, pedaling to Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy":
"I hope you guys are having the time of your lives!
Ha ha ha! Bless your souls!...
'Cause you're about to go up a hill!! Stand up!!...

I think you're crazy!!
I think you're crazy for going up another hill!! Wooo! Stand up!
No you're not crazy for working out this hard!!

And you guys wont definitely die when you're done!"


An example from yesterday's class was when Timberlake's "SexyBack" played and they both yelled,
"Come on ladies! You gotta bring sexyback! Yeah!!
You're bringing sexyback, and back and back four more steps! Yeah"

All in time with the beat and music. Both classes came with the mantra: "Listen to the music, feel that beat and move to it!"

I thought it was great, and my sore legs can prove it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah that is funny

LOL!!11!
That is not teh SUXORZ!11!!