Monday, April 16, 2007

Shut Yo' Face


Sometimes when I am driving alone in my car I make a face. Not a funny, stick your tongue out, cross your eyes (and dot your t's) and tilt your head at a funny angle face. It's a serious, brooding look, where I purse my lips, squint my eyes slightly, gripped the wheel tightly, and look straight ahead. It's my "leave me alone, I have serious, important! matters on my mind" face. I only do it when I am at a stop light or if I know that there is good visibility on me from oncoming cars, like the days when the sun is shining in my face.

I do it so that I can wonder what the person in the other car may think.

I also do it when I'm at the supermarket but instead of a wheel I grip the handle bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am left with mixed emotion. i think it's a well-written piece and semi-interesting. but i'd wish it were a smiling, happy-go-lucky face instead -- just to know you're happy inside and had no room for mean-looking faces.