Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am an unapologetic morning person.
I love mornings.
I love the cool semi-darkness before the sun hoists itself up over hills, and trees, and condos before spying in on me. I love the morning noises and smells, of dogs barking and eager to release bladders, of groggy non-morning people shuffling around their shadowy places, stumbling with the routine of making coffee, trying to put the day off as much as possible. I love mornings for its promise of a new day with possibilities, its newness, fresh and unused. A present everyday. I usually wake up at a dead run. I'm up, cognizant, and most likely can win $1,000,000 on one of those shows where that is showcased as the top prize.

Rich is a night person. He sleeps until the morning was no longer. He is up and running once the sun waves goodbye to me and slides under the blanket of night. I know the lure for him is the quiet that night offers. The yappy, distraction of a pretty-brown-girl has been tucked into bed and most likely snoring away. When most people are winding down he's just cranking on, and I believe the solitude is as promising as the idea of millions of people waking up with me thrills me.

Opposites attract, what can I say?

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a serenity when all the world is asleep and you're the only one around. And if you happen to be up until sunrise, you can witness the still quiet beauty before tucking into bed to sleep away the noisy, bustling morning.