Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cinderella: Oh, no... er, I mean, I do, but don't you think my dress...
Fairy Godmother: Yes, it's lovely, dear, I...
Fairy Godmother: Good Heavens, child. You can't go in that.


Yesterday, Tuesday, November 22 2005 I went with both parents to go dress hunting. I had found a store that stocked the dress that I wanted. First store: I had a page from a magazine I had that I ripped out, the model number and anything else they could've wished for. I even had a telescope and floss in my purse just in case Monty Hall was waiting around the corner for me.

Was met at the door and I handed over the dress and the model number, a few minutes I was told that it was in one of their dressing rooms waiting for me to fit into. In I stepped, away with street clothes and I donned on the dress, which literally weighed 75 lbs.

It was PERFECT.

I stood there waiting for the lady to help lace up the back of the dress and I told her, "this is the first store and first dress I've tried and I this is the only store and dress I'm gonna try,"
she laughed scoffingly but I knew.

One little, itty-bitty problem.
IT'S NOT Virginal WHITE...

It wasn't a problem for me, like I said, it was perfect, but if you're shopping with your mother... there are other issues.

It's gold and ivory.

So we stood there while we discussed why I can't have a gold and ivory dress. So I looked at other dresses, my heart not in it at all.

We went to another store, looked and found nothing, of course.

Thank God for fathers. He asked why I didn't get the dress in the other store and mom said, "oh she didn't want a dress that wasn't white," and dad said, "i think it's you that didn't want a dress that wasn't white, Michelle probably liked the dress." Then mom started laughing and said, "you're right," then dad said, "what's the problem? If that's the dress that Michelle wanted then you shoulda just gotten it."

And that's how I got the dress I wanted.

But not really, I'm waiting for Friday because then it'll be 40% off, making it officially $450 instead of $750.

Here's a preview. (I forgot my camera of course.) God I love it and I know the gods wont like that.

Hubris.

Wish me luck, and if you love me do something to distract the gods.

Michelle.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think of it like this - if you get the one off the rack then the 40% savings was meant to be.

If you don't get the one off the rack then it probably had something wrong with it like some fat chick sweated on it or stretched it out in the time that passed since you had it on. so to help you out, fate is making you order a brand new one with a 20% savings.

no biggie either way. don't lose sleep over it - your prayers will be answered - don't question the method in which they answered. what was ordained was ordained.