Monday, July 18, 2005

Wedding and a Funeral (*Contains a slight spoiler alert to the Potter book 6*)

..."The stars are not wanted now, put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good."

That's a little bit of W.H. Auden's "Funeral Blues" which, if you've ever seen the movie "Four Weddings and a Funeral", is recited by a character.

So I've just finished the book, which would have been devoured yesterday had I not work to attend to. I've been searching forums to how others have felt about the news but no one seems to have finished the book or are too shocked at what has occurred. I'm sickened and for some reason it makes me crave a nicely grilled hot dog. I wont go on anymore until the significant other has read it as well. I will just state plainly that I am devastated.

Me.

No comments: