Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Listing Out


Wow, it's been a busy and stressful few weeks with looking at new condos, hoping everything goes well, debating which place to go with, parents visiting and birthdays, signing papers, and packing and moving for four days, then unpacking and shopping for new furniture, writing and thinking, dreaming and cooking, wrapping and unwrapping, Christmas and singing carols and sleeping on air mattresses! Whew!

So we're living somewhere new, bigger and quieter. The neighbors are much nicer and lots older. Still at the same town but more secluded and upscale. I have a little nook to call my own and my kitchen is more open. The tub is separate so I can take tubbers in peace and I'm starting to feel like home. It was both good and bad to move during the holidays because it feels like a gift to come home to a nice new place but not so much when I need a new mattress and library and the stores are crowded or closed.

We celebrated Christmas last night with prime rib and roasted potatoes and veggies, ziti and cheese (my version of mac and cheese), homemade croissants, chocolate pudding, and orange cookies and an apple. We ended it by watching "It's A Wonderful Life" with me falling asleep at the last part of it. Went to mass this morning and felt goodly.

I'll write about the year for my year end review in a few days. For now, merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and the little kitty likes to test out the acoustics, "meow meooow", and run out on her new screened-in porch