Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just One Of Them Days

It's raining hard outside. We've been dealing with non-stop reports of brush fires everywhere in Florida, and one quite close to home. Because of the last few months of dry weather they start up like nothing, however, I think we're in another part of the cycle, which is rain. I believe all the smoke and debris that's flown into the air from the fires has actually caused it to rain. This is much needed if not entirely depressing. I woke up wondering why in the world my body wanted me to wake up at such an ungodly hour, then I realized that it was dark because of the grey clouds overhead and that in actuality it was 7:30 in the morning.

Yesterday was a day for disappointments. Rich went in for a dentist dis-appointment and came out not too happy. I didn't get to hear from the second part of my interview, which means I didn't get into the next round and wont be making any dis-appointments in the future, and when we drove over to my bank to deposit some money we were completely shocked to find police tape all around it and my bank was closed. After driving around looking for another one I decided that I would have to just wait til today to deposit it and now face the challenge of driving in pouring rain.

Well, we can always look on the bright side.
But not today.

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rain is a sign of a good day. fires go away, drought ends, plants are watered, food grows, and things are cooled off.