Friday, June 01, 2007

My parents came for a visit for the past few days. It was good to see them and as usual I had a good time and enjoyed having them around. I also worry about them much more now because my brother and I no longer live full time with them. Dad's knee surgery has taken a toll on his legs and after a long day of walking around parks there is a noticeable limp and my mom doesn't look as she used to. Everytime I see them I am forced to face the fact that my parents are getting older. They're in their 50's, so there's plenty of time still to see them and enjoy their company. I worry about their health and well-being but they seem more content and at ease with life now that their kids are gone. I really want to have them take a cruise just for the two of them, I know they'd enjoy that.

I wonder if they'll spend time together every day once they retire. I wonder if they'll get a pet, like a dog. I wonder if they'll still retire to the Phils. Mom commented that if she were ever to retire here in the states, she'd like it to be a place where there was land aplenty for her to garden and raise crops. I wouldn't mind too much if they moved to Hawaii, which has similarities to the Philippines but has the safety of being in America.

Well I'll enjoy them for now and see what the future holds for them.

Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Florida's probably a better place to retire than Hawaii.

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

Well, if you're wondering, dad wants a big dog. Preferably the type that can bite off your face.