Sunday, February 18, 2007

Meh. One Big Meh

Yesterday, one of my co-workers said to my other deaf co-worker (what a label), "Yeah, those parrots can get loud, can't they?" I will miss these people so much.

I suspect there is something going on with those two because a few days before this she had proclaimed that he was loud. I told him that he should be impressed that even the hearing impaired found him loud.

We moved into our third story condo rental (I will attach that hated word "rental" because for some reason I grew up with a stigma towards condos and I don't know why) on Valentine's Day. It is just like how I imagined it with a few reality checks thrown in. None that were too realistic (so no burst bubbles for those of you who thrive on that sort of thing). The first two days we ate at the diner downtown, which was only one minute walking distance from where we live. The second night we ate there, some man who worked there said to us, "I remember you folks from yesterday," then later he said to me, "Well you come here more often than I have so you know what this comes with" or something to that effect. I kinda rocked that. (I'm trying out a new phrase).

So far so good, even with this cold weather. I don't mind cold weather too much, just that it makes me want to make soup and not go out for my daily walks around the park. Yes, two days does constitute "daily". Today, I will walk around the park and then go to the Farmer's Market held at the downtown square area. I need a few things, or so the excuse goes. Jollygoodtimes holds a Farmers' Market every Sunday. If this is promising then I will be delighted come next Sunday, for I shall be off from work, permanently from my current role and on Monday onto something new.

I'm toying with the idea of going to some sort of religious ceremony the upcoming Sunday, then I can be like the rest of the yuppies, in their Sunday regalia, walking along enjoying the quaintness of my little town and its Farmers' Market, held at the heart of town. I try to sound like I'm not enthralled, but I'm a poser, and secretly I love it.

It's four in the morning and I've been up an hour. My body woke me up at 3 on the dot because it was convinced that it was 5:15, eight hours of sleep. I punished it by turning on a bright light and forcing it to write a blog of its own topic. And now it lazily yawns and wants to go back to bed while my cat howls at the door of the little closet that holds our tiny washer and dryer. It's the only door we've kept closed and she hates not having an open door. She doesn't even do her sweet little "mew"s but rather commands and demands with "MOW!!" "MOW!!" She's pushy but I wont budge from this chair.

Alright, maybe this once...

Night night.

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blogtastic